Saturday, December 5, 2015

12 days of Goodness/Christmas


My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.  I love the food, the family, the entire experience.  I even love prepping for Black Friday shopping.  My family loves Christmas.  The kids love the time we spend with family, singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and of course, the presents.  This year there are so many bad things happening in the world.   The news is filled with shootings, fires, and terrorism.  And let's not forget all the political name-calling and nonsense.  Frankly,  it is depressing.

I read Facebook for the fun.  I hate that it is often filled with the negative news items.  I look to the TV and news websites for that stuff but I go to Facebook for relaxation.  So what I would like to do is start a new holiday trend.  We need to bring some goodness and happiness back to the world to combat the sadness and badness.  I want to hear about the good in everyone's lives.  I want to hear about the happiness and the love. 

So I challenge everyone around the world to participate in the 12 days of Christmas.  I challenge you to post something you love every day on Facebook or your blog.  I also challenge you to do a Random Act of Kindness or an RAK.   It can be something as simple as holding the door for someone or something as thoughtful as buying coffee for someone.   Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you can participate anyone and call it the 12 days of Goodness.  We need to bring Goodness back to this world.  We don't pray in schools anymore but maybe, just maybe, if we start to spread good will, we will start to hear about it as well.   And maybe we can change the world.

And why wait until 12/13 to start.  Do it today.  You won't regret it.  

signed, hopefully optimistic
#12daysofGoodness 






No comments:

Post a Comment